Scarlett Moffatt took to social media on Monday to reveal herself and her parents would no longer appear on the programme. Addressing the rumours by responding to a message from a fan on Twitter, she said: “We are gutted, thought my Mam would still be able to do it but we will be watching.”
The I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! winner, 26, also took to Instagram to confirm the news. She said: “We are going to miss doing #Gogglebox so so much but can’t wait to watch the new series (good luck my fellow goggleboxers you will smash it love the Moffatts.)”
It was reported last week that the Moffatt family will not appear in the new series as it was claimed Scarlett is “too famous” to appear on the show.
Sources have claimed that her parents Betty and Mark, have been “dropped” by producers, stating: “The whole premise of Gogglebox is normal people commenting on the TV. Scarlett is now a celebrity in her own right so it made sense she wouldn’t continue. She and her parents came as a package. It wouldn’t work so well without the three of them.”
A spokesperson for the channel 4 show also confirmed the news saying: “The Moffatt family will not be appearing in this series.”
The news comes as it is revealed that Scarlett will take up a new role on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.
It was also revealed last week that Scarlett had split from long term partner, Luke Crodden earlier this month, following her busy work schedule since her I’m A Celeb win. Sources say the star has been so busy with new opportunities since her stint that she and Luke have been struggling to spend time together.
It seems Scarlett is remaining positive about the split and focusing on her career with an insider claiming: “At the moment she needs to concentrate on her career. After all, she’s got plenty of time to settle down in the future.”