Whether you know him from The Fall or you’ve been swooning over him in Fifty Shades of Grey, most people are now familiar with Mr Dornan. But do you know these six facts about the handsome actor?
- Jamie is a man of many talents, not only can he act but he’s also a good singer. He used to be part of the group “Sons of Jim” up until 2008, where he played guitar and sang soulful music. Jamie founded the group with close pal David Alexander and they once supported KT Tunstall on tour.
- Multi-talented Jamie is also a model and he was the face of the 2007 campaign for men’s cologne Dior Homme. You might also know him from nearly naked campaigns for Calvin Klein underwear, famously oiled up for the camera in iconic shots with Kate Moss and Eva Mendes.
- Sadly, Jamie’s mum passed away in 1998 after a battle with pancreatic cancer when he was just 16. He said of the sad time: “There’s no easy time to lose a parent. It was a horrific period in my life.” This was not the only heartbreaking time in his life as when he was 17 years old, 4 of his friends died in a car accident.
- Jamie dated Keira Knightley in 2003 for two years before they split. In a previous interview, Jamie commented on their relationship, he said: “There is a big pressure when you go out with someone such as Keira. The man is meant to be the alpha in the relationship in the money and power front, and I was clearly not. You feel you have to be dominant in other areas and that causes problems.” He then went on to be linked to a string of famous women, including Sienna Miller, Mischa Barton, Kate Moss and Lindsay Lohan.
- Jamie was not actually the first in line to get the role of Christian Grey in “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Charlie Hunnam from “Sons of Anarchy” dropped out and Dornan replaced him.
- Jamie Dornan is a happily married man (unfortunately for us!). He married actress and singer Amelia Warner in 2013, and they have a daughter together named Dulcie who was born just three days before Fifty Shades of Grey started filming.