It’s goodbye to our summer wardrobe, and autumn is here. We celebrate six key trends new for autumn, that you really need…now!
- Statement furs: Models prowled the runway in luxe furs and thankfully the high street has a whole host of fabulous faux fur options. Here is just one, a gorgeous gilet from M&Co, priced £38.
- Velvet crush: If there’s one fabric that ruled the runway this season, it was velvet. Designers couldn’t get enough of it!
- Quilted coats: Easily the cosiest new season trend, the puff coat stormed down the Alexander McQueen runway. But you don’t need to do designer, we found this one for £30 from George at ASDA.
- Brocade parade: Sumptuous chinoiserie and luxurious brocade is a big look this winter. Nail the look by opting for autumnal tones. Check out this stunning dress from Topshop for £75.
- Be a biker: A biker jacket is the perfect transitional piece and should be a wardrobe staple for every Scottish woman. This on-trend jacket is from H&M.
- Shearling: We have spotted this trend in years gone by and we are glad to see this cosy cover up is back again! Check out Matalan’s version – it’s just £40!